of the Kumon Group
Kumon Group Environmental Philosophy
In order to solve global environmental problems it is necessary to combine the knowledge of people from all around the world. The Kumon Group strives to develop individuals who will make a contribution to society. Accordingly, the Kumon Group believes that one of our core values is to fulfill our responsibilities and obligations in regard to solving global environmental problems.
The Kumon Group views the preservation of the global environment as an important challenge to be met as we carry out our business activities. We will incorporate this environmentally-friendly vision into our business planning and will work on a permanent basis to protect our precious planet and sustain its natural resources for current and future generations.
Kumon Group Environmental Policy
The Kumon Group will endeavor, throughout all our business activities, to conserve natural resources and to preserve the natural environment through the development of human resources.
- TThe Kumon Group will strive to recognize how our business activities affect the environment. We will work to conserve energy and resources, as well as to carry out recycling, in order to reduce the amount of waste we produce. Our overriding aim is to prevent damage to the environment and to reduce pollution.
- The Kumon Group will work together with associated parties and business partners in order to reduce the impact of our activities on the environment. At the same time, we will act positively to protect the environment by promoting activities aimed at forest regeneration.
- The Kumon Group will operate in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations in all of the countries and regions in which we have business activities, and will permanently work to preserve the environment.
- The Kumon Group will strive to make each and every Kumon Associate more aware of environmental issues through education and consciousness-raising activities. At the same time, as a responsible corporate citizen, we will make information related to the environment publicly available.
Environmental Protection System
The Kumon Group promotes its environmental activities by appointing Environmental Committee members at each RHQ.
Environmental Committee meetings are periodically held, at which the members check the environmental activities and achievements of each other, and exchange their opinions.
- Electricity usage, CO2 emissions, paper usage,
and paper recycling